April 24, 2011

Easter: Loving All That It Is


 [ listening to: Phil Wickham – True Love. The perfect Easter song]

 Something about Easter really captures spring for me. It truly is a beautiful holiday.  And I’m talking more than the array of candy, bunnies, baskets, baby chicks, and all that good fluff. Although, I used to LOVE waking up on Easter morning and running out to check what was in my Easter basket and mowing down as much candy as I could, before getting all dolled up in my pretty dress and heading to the Easter service. At the time, that was probably the ONLY occasion during the year when I wanted to dress up…my, how things have changed. I’d also like to add that it’s always this time of year that I crave to watch Willy Wonka and decorate Easter eggs. Apparently, I’ve reverted back to the ways of a seven-year-old.

 Now, while the true meaning of Easter is a glorious one, and much more than it’s been commercialized to be, that certainly doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy getting all jazzed and stuffing my face with Cadbury Eggs. (Even though they always hurt my teeth when I eat them, which can’t be a good sign, but hey, I always keep coming back for more.) By all means, join me in the stuffing, and have a fabulous Easter!!



 - correlating pictures are limited, so I thought I would document a few outfits from the festivities of the week as well. [This is also for my benefit, because on creative days, I like to put random things together… but on the days when I’m just not feeling it as much, I won’t for the life of me remember what I put together].

They don't make Easter goods like these anymore.
Easter morning-early '90's
 [Note the Bulls Starter Jacket. This treasured gift will be mentioned in future posts.]

Look at that little, innocent angel
Easter Sunday -1993 (?)

Finally got my Oxfords. Naturally, I had to find an outfit to go with them the very next day.

Good Friday




The Easter outfit of choice. I was debating on the shoes.
Top -Nordstrom Rack
Skirt -Forever 21
Heels -BCBG & Cole Haan
Jewels - ?



Thank you family members for having to randomly follow me around with the camera.




John 3:17
God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.


No comments:

Post a Comment